Vision and Mission
Overview of Animal Hospital Prof. Soeparwi Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada. Animal Hospital Prof. Soeparwi FVM-UGM is an educational hospital that practices Three Principles of Higher Education (Tridharma Perguruan Tinggi), which include:
- Education: Train professional level students (prospective veterinarians).
- Research: Facility and infrastructure to conduct research.
- Community Service: Directly carrying out animal health services to the community in the form of examination, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
Animal Hospital Prof. Soeparwi FVM UGM acts as:
- A place to educate and train the professional students’ skills in conducting examinations, diagnosis, treatment, and the care of sick and healthy animals.
- A place to educate and train the internship students’ skills from the Diploma Program, both from the FVM-UGM and outside the FVM-UGM institution.
- Training center for continuing education in various skills.
- Surgical training center for surgeons throughout Indonesia. In this case, Animal Hospital Prof. Soeparwi cooperates with other institutions in need, namely the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia and the Indonesian Medical Association (Ikatan Dokter Indonesia).
- Public health services, for various animal patients (small animals, large animals, exotic, aquatic, poultry, wild animals, etc.)
- Information services for zoonotic diseases to the public and community.
- Facilities and infrastructure to carry out various basic and applied research.
The vision of the Animal Hospital Prof. Soeparwi, FVM UGM is to be a superior, independent, dignified world-class Animal Hospital, and being imbued with Pancasila serving the interests and prosperity of the nation.
- Carrying out learning and service in the field of animal health to improve human well-being based on research.
- Increasing education, research and community service activities in the world class animal health sector with populist identity and building Indonesian socio-culture.